NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Two special people, one very special day

My two sweethearts, Michael and Logan, were baptized at St. Mark's United Methodist Church on Sunday. It was a wonderful day, especially since our families and some of our closest friends shared it with us. We didn't take any pictures during the service, so we didn't capture an image of my favorite moment, but I will certainly never forget it.

Michael was kneeling after he was baptized and the minister, associate pastor, and chaplain were laying hands on him. Mike, the pastor, asked me to put my hand on him, as well, so I put my left hand on Michael's back. I was holding Logan on my right hip when he reached forward to lay a hand on Daddy, too. He put his little hand on Daddy's back and my heart just melted. I think it was the sweetest thing I've seen him do yet, even if he didn't realize how precious it was.
Here we are with Pastor Mike after the service.

Here we are with Michael's side of the family. GG (we nicknamed Logan's great grandma Lucile that this weekend) even came all the way from Phlugerville with a handmade quilt for Logan.

Here's the Roberts and Shaw crew.


We barely all fit in the picture, plus it's hard to get a great picture of this many people and a baby who's getting fussy. You can see Aunt Kari peeking out between Michael and me. You can tell we were on borrowed time (from Logan, of course).

By the end of all that picture-taking (because there were many cameras and multiple pictures taken) Logan had just about had enough. But we still wanted a picture with Melissa and Kylie, our good friends who came all the way from Austin. Michael and I are Kylie's godparents and she just loves "baby Logan," as she calls him. I was determined to get a picture, but Logan had other ideas, like lunch and a nap!

Here's our first attempt. If you look close, you can see the cross embroidered on Logan's sock.

We finally gave up with picture etiquette and Michael put Logan on his shoulders, where he knew he would be happy.

And he was! So much for perfectly posed pictures; we have great memories that are worth more than photographs ever will be. And thank you, again, to all of you who were there with us, to support us and share in our joy. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives!

No comments: