NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rest in Peace Mac

I just heard today that Mac, the youngest of 6 elephants at the Houston Zoo, passed away Sunday from a viral illness. It saddens my heart when any innocent animal dies, but especially such a young, well-loved one. Mac just had his 2nd birthday on October 1. We took a picture of Mac and his playmate, Tucker, when we visited a few weeks ago; they were running around, entertaining their attentive audience.

Here's another pic of Mac and Tucker showing off, courtesy of the Houston Zoo's website.
My heart is also still very sad from the passing of Duncan, my mother-in-law, Carlie's, chocolate lab. He was such a sweet, gentle dog and he will be dearly missed by his pals, Lucy and Zoey, and all of his people-friends. I know he is running around in doggy heaven, though, peeing on everything and having the time of his life, pain-free. He was at least 10 years old, but had the heart of a puppy, especially when he swam. Here he is on the right with Zoey and Major, the determined Yorkie.

I'm sorry to bring up two heart-wrenching subjects at once, but I wanted to pay tribute to our animal friends who will always be loved and will be dearly missed.

And, don't to forget to thank a veteran today for all they have done to protect our freedom and our country!

No comments: